Friday, July 16, 2010

Walk Along Beside Me Daddy




I'll be the first to admit that I fall in love with the I Love My Daddy or I Love My Gramma child and baby things. When I see them I sigh and then work on my resistance to buying it instantly - though my resistance has proven pretty paltry if my daughter's preschool teachers commenting my daughter has a ton of daddy shirts is any indication {their favorite was the "My Daddy Can Fix Anything" shirt}. And, of course, there are a fair amount of My Mommy Rocks shirts in her collection.

So once I saw this poem I knew that I had to do something with it. It's too aw-inducing not to.

Walk along beside me daddy
and hold my little hand.
I have so many things to learn
that I don't yet understand.

Teach me things to keep me safe
from dangers everyday.
Show me how to do my best
at home, at school, at play.

Every child needs a gentle hand
to guide them as they grow.
So walk along beside me daddy
we have a long way to go.


Here is the original photo I started with:


It's not the greatest photo, but that's okay. I didn't need the background and I definitely didn't want the plastic bag in the final. I extracted both daddy and daughter and created a new background to work with.

I'm happy with the final and I had it printed for daddy to keep at work on his desk. Next on the list is printing a larger version for my daughter's room.

The final design:


No comments:

Post a Comment